News offers & Events
News: ALLERGEN REGULATIONS COME INTO FORCE
News: OUR SECOND SHOP A YEAR ON..... THE ROUND 'O' CHIP SHOP
News: NORTH STREET CHIP SHOP AND THE ROUND 'O' CHIP SHOP FAMILY IS GROWING!
EVENT - GLUTEN FREE SATURDAY 24th June 2017 12NOON - 2PM
News: GET YOUR CHIPPY TEA EARLY, BEAT THE RUSH
News: DRONE DELIVERY FOR NORTH STREET CHIP SHOP
News: ALLERGEN REGULATIONS COME INTO FORCE13/12/2014 00:00
Today new allergen regulations come info force, by law we have have to make available allergen information on 14 allergens. We have had this information for couple of weeks already available please ask a member of staff if you would like to see these or if you would like to know more about this.
For a really useful guide to buying allergen safe food and more information click here
The 14 allergens are -
- celery - including any found in stock cubes and soup
- cereals containing gluten - including spelt, wheat, rye, barley
- crustaceans - eg crabs, lobster, prawns and shrimp paste
- eggs - including food glazed with egg
- lupin - can be found in some types of bread, pastries, pasta
- molluscs - mussels, land snails, squid, also found in oyster sauce
- nuts - for example almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamia
- peanuts - also found in groundnut oil
- sesame seeds - found in some bread, houmous, tahini
- soya - found in beancurd, edamame beans, tofu
- sulphur dioxide - used as a preservative in dried fruit, meat products, soft drinks, vegetables, alcohol.
This is an example of our Records (records are available for our gluten free menu also) -